Tuesday, June 8, 2010






MIDWEST TIMELINE






The Midwest’s timeline says that in the 1840’s there was the California gold rush .Then, it says that in the 1860’s the civil war began. The Midwest timeline also says that there was a war in the 1880’s between Spanish people and Americans. It says that in the 1900’s the United States enters World War I. In the 1920’s the stack market crashed, and in the 1940’s Japan was bombed in the Pearl Harbor.
AN IMPORTANT WOMAN: SACAGAWEA
An important woman of the Midwest is Sacagawea. I’ve seen her in videos from a long time ago about the Midwest; I’ve also seen her on the One dollar coin. I have researched that she is known for accompanying Meriwether Lewis and William Clark during their corps of discovery of the Midwestern United States in 1806.
MIDWEST ATTRACTIONS
Minnesota
The attraction in my region is Minnesota because most of the people I know say that it’s cool and when your there you’ll see alot of buildings and when you’re their you’ll also see cool places.
AN IMPORTANT ALIVE PERSON
An important alive person I found is a woman that discovered a Tyrannosaurus rex; this woman is named Susan Hendrickson.
FUNNY FACT OF THE MIDWEST
Did you know that Midwestern farm named Mitchell corn palace salute to rodeo? I chose this because the palace looks just like pieces of corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment